2014 PDE Migrant Education Program and English as a Second Language Conference
Education without Borders
Be the Change
October 15-17, 2014
This conference is specially designed to educate and assist those who work for and on behalf of migrant students in Pennsylvania. The conference will provide Migrant Education Program, school district, intermediate unit, private school, charter school, nonpublic school and career technical center staff, as well as parents, community organizations and agencies, with the necessary tools to continue to provide every student in Pennsylvania with a world-class education.
- Promising practices for schools to ensure school success for migrant education students
- Methods to build capacity and support literacy development
- Parent engagement strategies
- Educational and support services addressing migrant students’ special needs
- Strategies for identification and recruitment of migrant students
School district, intermediate unit, private school, charter school, nonpublic school and career-technical center personnel, parents, community organizations and agencies, ESL teachers and migrant education program staff are encouraged to attend.
This conference is presented by the Pennsylvania Department of Education Migrant Education Program and English as a Second Language Program and organized in partnership with the Center for Schools and Communities.